Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Big Announcement

Last night I was talking with a friend when she asked if if I would be interested in taking some photo's of her daughter after she was born on Monday afternoon. Since, my daughter was born back in December I have had a urge to get into Birth Photography. Something about birth photography has gotten me hooked, but I can not explain exactly what.

Although, I am not ready to shoot a live birth just yet; I have decided that I would start with something a little different than Birth Photography. As of last night, I am now offering "Newborn Hospital Photography" I get it, when you think of Hospital Photography, you think of the company that the hospital contracts out and charges an arm and a leg. Don't get me wrong, a lot of parents want the Hospital Photographer because they want to capture their new additional at that moment. I get it, I really do. As a new mom, I did not use the Hospital Photographer; instead I was up out of bed photographing my daughter. That is why I decided that "Newborn Hospital Photography" would be a great addition to my services. I am not a photographer that usually does Newborn Photography, but this is different. This would be just like my other sessions, it's a lifestyle session. It is a session documenting the new babies first days here on Earth.

Photo Credit: http://www.sarahmaxeyphoto.com/blog/
Photo Credit: http://www.coliejamesphotography.com/
So, with that being said; I am doing Portfolio building for my new service of Newborn Hospital Photography. Once, I get set with this service and I fully grasp the low lighting environment I will officially launch my Birth Photography Service. Therefore, for a limited time and a limited amount of sessions (I have not decided how long, or how many) I will be offering a "Portfolio building" special price.  As of now this special price is $150 and includes the following:

For $150 you will receive:
  • 1 Hour Session in your Hospital Room/Nursery (if allowed)
  •  Photo's of the newborn, photo's with mom/dad, photos with sibling, photos with grandparents, etc
  • An Image Disk with print rights (this is not a copyright release, this is a release to print images) 
  • 25% off print packages and Specialty items (Gallery Wraps, etc.)

Like I said, this is a limited time and for a limited amount of sessions. If you are interested in a Newborn Hospital Session, please contact via email.

Please Note: The images used in this post where NOT taken by myself. Photo credit are given to the following Photographers:
Sarah Maxey Photography
Colie James Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment